How to wear Face Mask
How to wear your face mask correctly:
- Wash your hands before putting it on. Otherwise, you could be smearing germs around the inside of your mask and then the whole thing is useless.
- Put it over your nose and mouth completely, and secure it under your chin.
- Fit it snuggly around your face.
- Make sure you can breathe easily.
- If your mask gets soiled or damp, take it off, or wash it, and put on a new one.
How to take your face mask off properly:
- Only handle the mask by the ear loops or ties (whichever your mask has).
- Fold outside corners together, basically closing in the part that’s been against your face.
- Dispose of it immediately if it’s a disposable mask, or place it straight in the washing sink if its a cloth one.
- Wash your hands ASAP, and don’t touch your eyes, nose or mouth before you do so.
How to wash your cloth face mask properly:
- Use Soap to wash your mask.
- If you’re washing it by hand: we recommend soaking it in a soapy solution for five minutes, and rinse thoroughly.
- Air dry, do not tumble dry.
Here’s a lovely guide from WHO: