Wearing a face mask outside helps in protecting others and prevents the spread of COVID-19. It's advised to wear masks in closed spaces whenever you go out, like going to the gym or grocery store.
Gyms and fitness centers have started to reopen in Australia, but with restrictions in place. Depending on which state, some gyms only allow a maximum of 20 patrons inside, while others don't allow equipment sharing.
Keeping our health in check and actively working out is essential for our well-being, especially during these difficult times. If you're planning to go back to the gym and want an added layer of protection, wearing a sports mask is the answer.
Wear a Sports Mask When Working Out
With all the masks available in the market, how will you know which one to buy? Each face mask has its purpose and level of protection. For example, N95 respirators provide higher protection than surgical masks since it can filter finer particles we breathe in. But, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) urges the public to reserve N95 stocks to medical professionals.
On the other hand, cotton masks are a popular choice to use when going outside. Aside from being breathable, it's also washable and reusable. However, not all cotton masks are perfect to wear to the gym.
The answer is to look for masks made for sports. Find a sports face mask that is breathable, comfortable to wear, lightweight, sweat-wicking, reusable, easy to clean, and — as a bonus — with a fashionable design for that perfect gym outfit of the day look.
- Breathable and Comfortable to Wear - Proper breathing is vital during exercise because it can relieve stress, reduce tension and promote stamina. Masks should be comfortable since you're wearing it throughout the session to protect yourself and others. For added comfort, use masks with adjustable loops for a snug fit and prevent chafing and irritation around the ears.
- Lightweight - Masks can feel and weigh differently depending on its material. Neoprene masks are reliable since it's made with lightweight, tightly woven but breathable material. Wearing one during exercise stimulates the heart and lungs to work harder. It can also protect you from the harmful UV rays, with UPF (Ultraviolet Protection Factor) +50, when exercising outside.
- Sweat-Wicking - Going to the gym or working out even in your backyard means you'll move and sweat a lot more than usual. Wearing a cloth mask that doesn't have sweat-wicking material will only absorb your sweat, promoting microorganism growth.
- Reusable and Easy to Clean - Aside from helping the environment, using an easy-to-clean, reusable face mask will save you money in the long run. You won't need to buy one every time you have a gym session scheduled or want to run outside.
- Fashionable - Let's not forget that outfits are mood boosters, too. Wearing face masks that match our clothes is not a requirement, but doing so will put you in a good mood. Express yourself with a face mask that suits your style or match with the whole family when going out for a walk.
Wear the Right Mask on Every Occasion
With all the available face masks in the market, choosing one that fits your lifestyle is a must. A reusable cloth mask is perfect for those working from home and only going outside to run errands. Meanwhile, a sports mask is perfect to use for those with an active lifestyle or want to start exercising. The neoprene mask is one of the best face masks you can wear when you do gym workouts, outdoor running, cycling, and altitude training.
Clear Collective offers skin-friendly sports and cloth masks you can wash and reuse. All our face masks are made from breathable materials, making it easy to breathe through your nose and mouth. Our sports masks, in particular, are made with neoprene material, making it lightweight, comfortable to wear and able to wick away sweat. It also stays in place and does not slide off when you move.
Be comfortable every time you work out. Check out what sports mask are in stock right now in our shop